Baby Proofing Checklist: What you need to add to your living room space
Our living room is a place we come together as a family and relax. But for little ones, there are many hazards and dangers. Parenting experts say it’s never too early to baby proof your home to help eliminate potentially unsafe areas.
Remember, once your baby starts to crawl (around 6 to 10 months), you'll need to do a second baby proofing round to make sure the house is safer for a baby on the move. After all, a lot of fun playtime happens in the living room so ensuring it’s babyproof will help put your mind at ease as they play.
Add these items to your checklist, with Dreambaby® products, to help get you started:
- Cover all sharp furniture, table edges and corners with corner protectors or bumpers
- Block all open outlets with electrical safety plugs
- Add latches and locks to any drawers, doors or cupboards within baby's reach
- Put non-slip pads under all rugs
- Anchor TV to the wall & hide all electrical cords
- Place baby gates near all stairs and out of bound areas
- Ensure the fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors are working on every floor of your house
- If you have other children, walk them through all safety rules before bringing home a newborn into your family
Baby proofing is a never-ending job, to find out more about Dreambaby® products, visit www.dream-baby.com and learn how we help your family grow safely!